Relax Your Family and Energy Bills
Pools are expensive to install as well as maintain, but there are several steps you can take to use energy more efficiently as you enjoy this luxury.
- Examine your swimming pool pump motor at regular intervals to ensure its operating properly.
- Install an energy-efficient pump, as it can save you thousands of dollars over its lifetime.
- Reduce the running time of the pump to the minimum it takes to keep your pool clean. You can even install an inexpensive timer on your pump to automate the process so you don’t have to remember to turn it on and off.
- Clean your filters regularly. Put reminders on your calendar to make sure this task gets done on schedule.
Heat & Cover
- Lower the temperature or turn the heater off when not using your pool.
- In winter, cover your pool with an insulated cover to save the energy you need to heat the water.
- In summer, cover your pool to keep it cleaner by preventing leaves and other debris from falling in.
- If you purchase an above-ground pool, confirm the amount of insulation applied directly to the fiberglass or wood holding the water.
- Proper insulation slows heat loss and helps maintain water temperature and saves electricity.
Keep your electricity bill cool with these energy savings tips for your pool.