You’re a responsible Texas energy consumer, which means you’re always looking for ways to be more energy efficient while still keeping your home comfortable amidst the curious swings in weather we get here in the Lone Star State.
What if I told you we’d created a way for you to reap the benefits of your prudent energy behavior? What if I told you we WANT you to reduce your energy usage, and we’d give you perks when you did so?
Sounds too good to be true, I’m sure. But here at First Choice Power, we want to change the game with our brand-new Power Down Rewards program! Simply by lowering your electricity consumption when the Texas energy grid needs it most, you can earn bill credits on your electricity bill!
Yes – you did read that correctly. Let us explain:
- When an instance of increased Texas energy demand occurs – whether because of super-high summer temperatures or super-low winter ones – we’ll call a “Peak Event.”
- This “Peak Event” will last from 3pm to 7pm in the summer months. During the winter, the hours will be 6am to 0am and 6pm to 8am.
- We’ll tell you about the event in an e-mail, text message, and/or your Online Account Manager.
- You then need to use less energy during the hours of the Peak Event.
- If you reduce your usage enough, you’ll receive a 5% bill credit within 1-2 billing cycles.
Basically, Power Down Rewards asks you to use less energy when most of your fellow Texans are more prone to using LOTS of energy in hopes that the Texas energy grid isn’t strained too much.
Care to learn more about this great program? Visit the Power Down Rewards page, the FAQ’s, and the Terms & Conditions. And if you’re ready to sign up, just click here to log into your Online Account Manager!
And if you’re not currently a First Choice Power customer, but like what you see with this program, visit our Texas electricity plans page to see the available rates for your area and then click the red “Select” button of the plan you like most!
You Got This, Texas!