General Questions FAQs for Texas
First Choice Power is a retail supplier of electricity, and your local distributor is a regulated entity that delivers electricity home. First Choice Power purchases electricity on the competitive market, and sells it back to you, our customers. Your local distributor deliver that electricity or natural gas to your home. This is how we're able to get you the best rate possible!...
ESI stands for "electrical service identifier." An ESI ID number is the physical address where you receive your electricity. To track the electricity used by your house, electric companies use a special meter identification number to know the exact amount of electricity you...
Your local utility company delivers the electricity that flows into your home. The utility company is responsible for the lines, poles, pipes, meters, power outages, repairs, and other issues with how energy gets to your home. For example, if a storm blows down a power line or a car hits a utility pole, your utility company still fixes the problem and restores your power.
Your utility company continues to be responsible for:
- Delivery of electricity to all users in their service area
- Reliability and safety of the electricity or natural gas distribution system
- Maintenance of the poles, wires, and pipes
- Meter readings and maintenance
- Providing customer services related to the electricity or natural gas distribution system such as cable/pipe locations and 24-hour emergency service
- Connecting and disconnecting the customer's property to the electricity or natural gas distribution system
A Smart Meter reads your usage in more detail than a conventional meter. The advanced meter communicates usage information via radio frequency back to the local utility for monitoring and billing purposes, called telemeter, so your meter does not need to physically be read by a technician....
Looking for additional help? Just click that blue button below for a range of ways to speak with us!Contact Us