FAQs for Texas

Get the Answers for Your Important Electricity Questions

Deposits FAQs for Texas

  • Do I need to pay a deposit?

    You might not have to pay a deposit at all!

    If you are asked to pay a deposit for service with First Choice Power, the amount it based upon our credit requirements and the credit check we perform when you sign up.

    If a deposit is due, we must receive the deposit as soon as possible but no later than fifteen (15) days or we will cancel your request for service. To pay the deposit online, we accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover and payment from bank account (additional fees may apply).

    After you pay the deposit, it will returned to you with interest after twelve (12) consecutive on-time bill payments. If you leave First Choice Power, the deposit with interest, minus any outstanding balance will be returned to you within 6-8 weeks after you switch away from...

  • Do you waive the deposit?

    You may be eligible to have First Choice Power waive the deposit requirement if you meet one of the following criteria:

    62 or older
    If you are 62 years of age or older, please send us a copy of your or your spouse's driver's license or state ID. You must not have any overdue electricity payments.

    Victim of domestic violence
    If you are a victim of domestic violence as recognized by the Texas Council on Family Violence, you can send us a completed and signed certification letter from the Texas Council on Family Violence to confirm your status.

    Letter of credit
    If you have been a residential customer of any retail electric provider or an electric utility within the last two years and were not late paying a bill more than once in the last 12 months, please contact your current electricity provider to provide a letter of credit on your behalf.

    Letter of guarantee
    A letter of guarantee is a letter from someone who is already a current First Choice Power customer in good standing and who will act as a guarantor for your First Choice Power account.

    Medically indigent
    If you are considered medically indigent as certified by a government entity or government-funded energy assistance program provider and physician, please provide us with documentation.

    For any of the situations above, you can send us your information by:

    • Fax at 1-866-791-4331, Attn. Deposit Waiver
    • Mail at:
      Attn. Deposit Waiver
      P.O. Box 180
      Tulsa, OK 74101-0180, United States

    Once we receive your documentation, we'll let you know that we've sent a request for your First Choice Power service to begin. Remember, we cannot send the order to start your electric service until we confirm your status, so please send us the forms as soon as you can. We will hold your enrollment for 30 days or until this information is received, whichever comes...

Contact Us

Looking for additional help? Just click that blue button below for a range of ways to speak with us!

Contact Us