FAQs for Texas

Get the Answers for Your Important Electricity Questions

Where can I apply for chronic or critical care status?

If someone in your household needs to apply for chronic or critical care status, please follow these instructions:

  • Download the "Application for Chronic Condition or Critical Care Residential Customer Status" from the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT). It is available in English and Spanish.
  • Bring a completed form to your physician. He/she will fill it out for you and fax it to your TDSP (Transmission and Distribution Service Provider, also known as your utility company). The TDSP fax numbers are on top of Page 1 of the Critical Care Form.
  • Once your physician submits the form to the utility company for your area, that company will then contact First Choice Power to confirm your chronic or critical care status.

Important! Your physician must fax the form to your TDSP, NOT First Choice Power. Your TDSP maintains that list and verifies your Critical Care status, and then will contact us on your behalf so that we can note the status on your account.

If you need more information on how to get your service address place on the Critical Care list maintained by the TDSP for your residential area, please call First Choice Power Customer Service at 1-855-534-3881.

Contact Us

Looking for additional help? Just click that blue button below for a range of ways to speak with us!

Contact Us