Earth Day is on Tuesday, April 22, and cities throughout Texas are celebrating during the month of April. In short, Earth Day is a worldwide event designed to demonstrate united support for environmental protection. So join in the festivities and support Mother Earth by expanding your environmental awareness and having fun while doing it. Here are some of the larger Earth Day Celebrations happening in Texas.
Austin Earth Day Festival 2014
It’s a day for Austin to “rally for the Earth while celebrating our diversity of Austin culture.” Celebrate Earth Day in Austin with live music, exhibits, a kids zone, and more.
- When: Saturday, April 26th from noon – 6:00 pm
- Where: 4550 Mueller Austin 78723
- Cost: FREE
Earth Day East Texas
Come celebrate Earth Day – East Texas style. Brings friends or the family and enjoy activities like canoe rides and zip line rides and learning exhibits by a number of vendors.
- When: Saturday, April 26th from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Where: Camp Tyler Outdoor School 15143 Camp Tyler Road, Whitehouse 75791
- Cost: FREE (*rides cost extra)
Earth Day Texas
Formerly known as Earth Day Dallas, this annual Earth Day Texas is a 2-day festival that runs all day on April 26 and 27th. This annual, outdoor festival seeks to elevate environmental awareness and influence the way Texans think, live and work. With 600 exhibitors and 60,000 guests anticipated to attend this year’s event, it’s sure to be a great event for the whole family.
- When: April 26-27th from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Where: Fair Park
- Cost: FREE
Earth Day Wonderweek
Since the big Earth Day Houston celebration has passed (it took place on April 12), kids can still participate in Earth Day by heading to the Children’s Museum of Houston for Earth Day Wonderweek. During the week of the 17th, children can make different crafts and participate in on-going activities like planting your own lemon tree, watching how beans grow, and more.
- When: April 17 – 23 (see website for museum hours)
- Where: Children’s Museum of Houston 1500 Binz Houston 77004
- Cost: $9 per person (see website for specials)
El Paso Earth Day Festival
El Paso is embracing the Earth Day spirit with its Earth Day Festival at the Downtown Artist and Farmers Market. This event was organized to foster environmental education and to promote preservation of the environment and natural resources. There will be arts and crafts vendors, eco-friendly kids activities, bike rides, food trucks , live music and more!
- When: Saturday, April 19th from 9 am – 1 pm
- Where: Downtown Artist and Farmers Market 117 Anthony St. El Paso 79901
- Cost: FREE
How are you commemorating Earth Day in Texas? Share your locations and celebrations in the comments!