At First Choice Power, we love seeing a good jack-o-lantern carving, but things can get really messy during the preparation part. That’s why we’re bringing you a great Halloween recipe to eliminate the waste from your carved pumpkin!
First, we’ll show you how to remove and prep your pumpkin seeds.
- Cover your work area with old newspapers. (It’s about to get messy!)
- Cut off the top of your pumpkin in a circle about 3 inches from the stalk. Be very careful during this step, as you’ll need to use a sharp knife.
- Remove all of the seeds from inside your pumpkin and place them in a colander. Don’t forget to check for seeds under the lid!
- Rinse the seeds in the colander to remove all of the stringy pulp.
- Lay them flat and dry them thoroughly with a towel.
Now, we’ll give you a delicious pumpkin seeds recipe for spiced toasted pumpkin seeds from Real Simple!
- Seeds from 2 medium pumpkins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat oven to 300° F.
- Remove the seeds from the pumpkins. Discard the pulp.
- Spread the seeds (no need to rinse them) evenly on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until dried, about 1 hour.
- Toss the seeds, olive oil, celery salt, and cumin in a large skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat, until the seeds are lightly toasted, about 3 minutes.
What’s your favorite pumpkin seed recipe? Share with us in the comments!